The EuroRegio2016 will be held at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP), in June, 13-15th, a well-known City and Faculty across the world. This congress will be held jointly with 9th Iberian Congress and the 47th Spanish Congress on Acoustics – TECNIACUSTICA® 2016, and will include a EAA Summer School on Acoustics, and a Forum for Young Acousticians.
The EAA Summer School and the Forum for Young Acousticians will be held in the same location as the Congress, namely at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP), on the 11th and 12th of June. The Summer School will be composed of several topic-focused courses, dealing with some of the most actual topics in acoustics. 7 courses are expected to occur along the two days
(3 full and half day, and 2 half day), covering topics such as:
- APA – Approaching Acoustics (one day)
- ENA – Environmental acoustics and smart cities (1.5 days)
- SAVB – Sustainable acoustics and vibrations in buildings (1.5 days)
- RMA – Room and Musical acoustics (one day)
- 3DVA – 3D virtual acoustics (half day)
- NMA – Numerical methods in acoustics (half day)
- SPM – Sound propagation in special media (half day)
At the end of the first day of the Congress itself (Monday), a get-together meeting, will materialize the Forum.
The official languages of the Congress are Portuguese, Spanish and English.
In parallel with the Congresses, an International Technical Exhibition of Products and Services in Acoustics and Vibration will take place. The participation of the most prestigious companies in the sector is expected. The companies will have the opportunity to present their latest products, in special sessions scheduled for the Congresses.
Papers on all congress topics are welcome.
- Musical Acoustics
- Numerical and Computational Acoustics
- Environmental acoustics and smart cities
- Building Acoustics
- Room Acoustics
- Ultra and Infrasound
- Underwater Acoustics
- Noise and Vibration Control
- Equipment Noise
- Psychological and Physiological Acoustics
- Community Noise
- Speech Privacy
- Transportation Noise
- Noise mapping and Action Plans
- Acoustical Innovative Materials
- Aeroacoustics and Aircraft Noise
- Legislation and noise Control Policies
- Virtual acoustics
The organizers encourage all those interested in presenting a paper at the Congress to pay attention to the following key dates:
- Call for Papers November, 2015
- Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts February 1, 2016
- Notification of acceptance March 1, 2016
- Deadline for Receipt of Manuscripts April 15, 2016
……..so, Porto looks forward to welcoming you in june, 2016!!
For more information, please visit the Congress webpage at: http://www.spacustica.pt/EuroRegio2016/index.html
Jorge Patrício (SPA)
Antonio Pérez-López (SEA)